JobSurf schools Bristol BS35 5RE, UK
The Wave is the first inland-surfing destination of its kind, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing and its many physical and mental health benefits. But it’s not just about surfing. It’s about getting back to nature, improving health and well-being, connecting with other people, enjoying great food and drink, and having a load of fun in the process! We continue to have an amazing summer here at The Wave, and there are still Surf Coach vacancies as we go into the winter. We will be looking to recruit, fixed term and casual Surf Coaches with contracts up to 35 hours per week. The Wave will attract experienced surfers looking to improve their skills, as well as novices attempting the sport for the first time. You will play a vital role in providing quality beginner lessons, ensuring all visitors are reassured, informed and excited about getting on the water. As an ambassador for The Wave you will value the importance of championing health and safety, contributing to a culture that is proactive and communicates successfully across the surf operations department. With hundreds of surfers each day, this will be a busy place and in order to provide the high levels of service that our visitors deserve, you will be part of a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver high standards all the time.
Skills we are looking for
What you’ll be up to:
· Instructing, advising and educating our visitors during all surfing lessons and operations.
· Having amazing knowledge of all the equipment used within the department to credibly advise our visitor on the appropriate kit for their needs and ability.
· Maintaining the highest levels of safety across the department and assist in the creation of a culture of safety amongst the team.
· Continuously maintaining a high level of care and respect for all surfing equipment ensuring it remains fit purpose (boards, wetsuits, fins and leashes)
· Assisting lifeguards in emergency medical aid and water response and carrying out lifeguard shifts.
· Maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of the Surf Ops areas.
· Identify and address any visitors failing to follow the correct rules and safety procedures.
Skills and Attributes:
· Maintaining a minimum requirement of ISA level 1 and beach lifeguard qualification or equivalent is essential.
· Other experience of teaching in other areas is desirable.
· A strong desire to get people active and to engage with surfing
· A proactive and ambitious mindset, with a desire to ‘muck-in’!
· A passion for sustainability, health and well being and the natural world
What are the job details
To Apply, please head to our website or email us:
What's in it for you
- Staff Surfs
- Free surfs
- Staff events
Adventures near by
Bristol is an awesome city, with a vibrant restaurant, coffee and music scene. We are also ideally situated being close to London and close to Devon, Cornwall and Wales. In Bristol you are close to the countryside, sea and city!